we will make every effort to make your stay as pleasant as possible. This means that you know exactly what services we provide, what we are responsible for and what your liabilities are. Please note the following general terms and conditions, which regulate the contractual relationship between you and us and which you accept with your booking.
1. These Terms and Conditions apply to contracts for the rental of hotel rooms for accommodation and other services of the hotel (hotel accommodation contract).
2. subletting or re-letting of the rooms provided as well as their use for purposes other than accommodation require the prior consent of the hotel in text form.
3. the customer’s general terms and conditions shall only apply if this has been expressly agreed in text form in advance.
2. CONCLUSION OF THE CONTRACT, CONTRACTING PARTIES, LIMITATION PERIOD
1. the hotel is free to confirm the room booking in text form.
2. the contracting parties are the hotel and the customer. If a third party has ordered on behalf of the customer, he shall be liable to the hotel together with the customer as joint and several debtors.
3. All claims against the hotel are subject to a limitation period of one year from the start of the statutory limitation period. Claims for damages are subject to a limitation period of five years. The reductions in the statute of limitations do not apply to claims based on an intentional or grossly negligent breach of duty by the hotel.
3. SERVICES, PRICES, PAYMENT, OFFSETTING
1. the hotel is obliged to keep ready the rooms booked by the customer and to provide the agreed services.
2. the customer is obliged to pay the prices of the hotel valid for the room rental and other services used by him. This also applies to services and expenses of the hotel to third parties initiated by the customer. The agreed prices include the respective statutory value added tax.
3. the hotel may make its consent to a subsequent reduction requested by the customer in the number of rooms booked, the hotel’s service or the customer’s length of stay conditional on an increase in the price for the rooms and/or for the hotel’s other services.
4. invoices of the hotel are payable within 14 days from the date of sending the invoice without deduction. In case of late payment, the hotel is entitled to charge a lump sum (late fee, handling fee) in the amount of 25.00 Euro.
5. the hotel is entitled to demand an advance payment or security deposit from the customer upon conclusion of the contract.
6. in justified cases, e.g. payment arrears of the customer, the hotel is entitled to refuse further services.
7. the customer may only set off or offset an undisputed or legally binding claim against a claim of the hotel.
4. resignation of the customer (discontinuation, cancellation and no-show)
1. withdrawal of the customer from the contract concluded with the hotel requires the consent of the hotel in text form. If this is not done, the agreed price from the contract must be paid even if the customer does not use contractual services.
2. all resignations must be in writing. The time of cancellation is the written receipt by Hotel Ehinger Hof. We grant free cancellation for individual trips if a cancellation deadline is met up to 4 weeks before arrival (except for special bookings for extended weekends such as Easter or Whitsun).
In case of cancellation or change of booking (later arrival or earlier departure) the following cancellation rates will be charged from the accommodation only (overnight stay without breakfast):
– between 2 and 4 weeks before arrival 50%
– from 2 weeks before arrival 80%
Our hotel is required in good faith to rent unused rooms to other guests in order to avoid cancellations. (We recommend for longer stays the conclusion of a travel cancellation insurance)
3. in case of rooms not used by the customer, the hotel may charge the contractually agreed remuneration according to booked arrangements.
4. the respective cancellation conditions of the hotel apply.
5. CANCELLATION OF THE HOTEL
1. if it was agreed in text form that the customer can withdraw from the contract free of charge within a certain period, the hotel is also entitled to withdraw from the contract for its part within this period (e.g. failure to make contractually agreed advance payment).
2. in case of justified withdrawal of the hotel, the customer is not entitled to compensation.
6. ROOM PROVISION, HANDOVER AND RETURN
1. the customer does not acquire a claim to the provision of certain rooms, unless this has been expressly agreed in text form.
2. Booked rooms are available to the customer from 14:00 on the agreed day of arrival. The customer has no right to earlier provision.
3. on the agreed day of departure, the rooms must be vacated and made available to the hotel by 11:00 a.m. at the latest. Thereafter, due to the late vacating of the room, the hotel may charge 50% of the full lodging price (list price) for its use in excess of the contract until 2:00 p.m., and 100% thereafter.
1. the hotel is liable for its obligations under the contract. Claims of the customer for damages are excluded. Excluded from this are damages resulting from injury to life, body or health, if the hotel is responsible for the breach of duty, other damages based on an intentional or grossly negligent breach of duty by the hotel and damages based on an intentional or negligent breach of typical contractual obligations of the hotel. In the event of disruptions or deficiencies in the hotel’s services, the hotel will endeavor to remedy the situation if it becomes aware of them or if the customer complains about them without delay. The customer is obligated to contribute what he can reasonably be expected to do in order to remedy the disruption and keep any possible damage to a minimum.
2. the hotel shall be liable to the customer for items brought into the hotel in accordance with the statutory provisions. Accordingly, the liability is limited to one hundred times the room rate, but not more than € 3,500, – and differently for money, securities and valuables not more than € 800.
Insofar as a parking space is made available to the customer in the garage or in a hotel parking lot, even for a fee, this does not constitute a custody agreement. In the event of loss or damage to motor vehicles, trailers, motorcycles or trailers and their contents parked or maneuvered on the hotel property, the hotel shall not be liable, except in cases of intent or gross negligence.
4. bringing pets: The pet should be able to stay in the room alone and without noise during meal times. Blankets, food bowl, basket and pet food are the responsibility of the guest. Animals have no business in showers, beds and on seating furniture. The guest is fully responsible for any damage to hotel furniture and floors. If the room is temporarily not rentable – the guest is also liable for it. We charge the damage to the guest – only he settles the matter with his insurance company.
8. FINAL PROVISIONS
1. amendments and additions to the contract or these general terms and conditions shall be made in text form. Unilateral changes or additions by the customer are invalid.
2. place of performance and payment is the location of the hotel.
3. German law applies. The application of the UN Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods and the conflict of laws or similar is excluded.
4. should individual provisions of these general terms and conditions be or become invalid or void, this shall not affect the validity of the remaining provisions. In all other respects, the statutory provisions shall apply.
Hotel Ehinger Hof, August 2022